Teach your children to listen and stay focused during church this Christmas season with these free Sermon Notes and Listening Pages for kids!
Kids in church. They fidget. They flip upside-down. They do anything but listen! Frankly, it’s hard for children to pay attention during a church service simply because they don’t know how.
Many of the concepts are either unfamiliar to little ears or aren’t making an impression on their little minds. But Christmas is the perfect time to teach your kids how to pay attention because most children are familiar with the Christmas story and are naturally more intent during this season of awe and wonder!
Help train your children’s ears and minds with these FREE Sermon Listening Pages that also include a space for taking their own Sermon Notes or making sermon-related drawings.
Thanks to Lauren from Mama’s Learning Corner for formatting these pages!
How to use the Free Sermon Notes for Kids:
- Download your FREE Sermon Listening Pages.
- Print off several copies before church next Sunday.
- Explain to your children that they will listen for the words on their page to be said by the pastor or anyone else speaking on Sunday during church. Every time they hear one of the words on their page, they will make a tally mark.
- Encourage them to make notes or drawings related to the sermon in the blank frame on the right side.
- After church, discuss which words they heard the most. (This will also give you an opportunity to discuss the meaning of the sermon!)
NOTE: All 5 Listening Pages are different, so you can switch out pages all throughout the month of December!
May the glory of God and the gift of Jesus be ever-present in the hearts and minds of your children!
Ready for the next step in taking Sermon Notes?
Check out this Sermon Notebook from Not Consumed…