Today(June 8th) marks 14 years of wedded bliss.
Bliss, not because all 14 years have been perfect and exempt from trials, but because we have come through the imperfections and the trials stronger and more committed to each other than ever before. I can truly say I love my husband more now than I did the day I married him.
Here are just a few of the reasons why…
1. He’s my hero. He slays buffalo to put food on our table, he can reach high places, he can pack and unpack a van in nothing flat. He’s a real man.
3. He’s bold in his faith. He is most definitely the spiritual leader of our household, and there is no doubt under Who’s authority he stands. No, he’s not perfect, but there is no doubt in my mind Whom he serves.
4. He’s my protector. I’m easily scared. He’s not. I can wake him up from a deep sleep simply because I *thought* I heard something and each and every time he will go check it out for me.
5. He changes diapers. Never once has he questioned my cloth diaper habit. Never once has he shrunk from changing one. From the beginning, he’s been right in the trenches with me.
6. He thinks I’m pretty. After 9 pregnancies and 7 babies, he still thinks I’m gorgeous. That’s worth a lot.
7. He’s funny. He makes me laugh. He makes the kids laugh. He makes other people laugh. Everybody loves Ty…mostly because he’s real and just crazy enough to make you wonder what’s going to happen next.
8. He’s genuine. He’s a people person and he’s taught me a lot about taking time with people and listening to them and being there for them.
9. He’s the father of our children. He’s loved and lost just as I have. He has given each of our children their first kiss and he has held a dying child in his arms and given her her last kiss. There is nothing more precious to me than his “Daddy moments”…they bring tears to my eyes.
10. He’s perfect for me. There is no doubt in my mind God chose this man for me. I am thankful each and every day.
Oh, so thankful.